Hello all you warriors of words, today blog is a little bit different in a way that’s never been done here before. I’m stepping way out of my comfort zone and diving in head first with these set of questions passed on from my friend fellow blogger Rachel Marcelle from the Vogue Magazine Series. (Rachel answers)
Rachel and her husband Ahmed has a fantastic blog “YamteQ”. I highly recommend discovering their blog especially for mothers. They provide a lot of fun informational blogs and resources. You can follow Rachel on social media and don’t forget to subscribe. Thank you Rachel for including me on this fun thread.
The inspiration for the Vogue Magazine Series (VMS) is to get an intimate insight on today favorite celebrities, reality personalities and political personalities. These series of fast-pace questions are designed to challenge the individual to be open, vulnerable in a way to connect to the readers. You won’t find any celebrities or reality personalities here and you don’t need to be to answers. This process is fun and I am happy to participate.
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
Venti Caramel Macchiato Upside Down iced or hot. ☕️
2. What does your workstation look like?
Messy! No photo necessary your imagination is pretty much accurate.
3. Favorite food?
Anything with shrimp.
4. Favorite author?
Stephen King. I read my first Stephen King book “Cujo” when I was in my early teens and I was hooked.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
I will let you know at some point. Seriously I am still single but I believe cosmic chemistry and the signs are pointing in a direction that I’m happily following.
6. What is your favorite video game?
Mario Brothers series and tetris
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Concerts. I have a yearly concert fund which is now spent but I can’t stop my love for my favorite artist Def Leppard, Franz Ferdinand & KT Tunstall
8. Favorite movie?
Emotional: A Patch of Blue
Comedy: Team America World Police
Comic: Superman Man of Steele & Dark Knight Rises
Horror: The Collector
9. Favorite book?
Stephen King’s The Stand the story of the battle between good and evil always get me this is the first horror book that I couldn’t read not because of the tone but the story I actually is brought to tears.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
11. Desktop or laptop?
Neither tablet for me
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
My real good friend Paul aka “Banana Man” once told me to always write it doesn’t matter if it’s a word or a sentence just write come back later to revisit and watch those words turn into a work or words. Best advice.
13. What project are you working on right now?
The launching of my youtube page and podcast.
14. Favorite color?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
I did very well straight B+ student when I wasn’t playing the class clown or ditching.
16. Dream job?
I have two that combine into one to be a successful writer, have my works turned into a movie or tv show. The second is to do talk show that showcase people with mental illness or disorders a safe haven for them to use as a teaching tool for those who don’t understand what life is like when dealing with mental health.
17. Play any sports?
Yes PLAYSTATION! I love playing playstation bowling & volleyball but the best sport is going to Dodgers games eating dodgers dogs & swallowing down cold ice Bud-Light.
18. Do you have a degree?
No, unfortunately for me I was too busy sowing my oats but I am well educated and have several certificates under my belt for hazardous waste management.
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post?
Anything that has to do with Music, Movies and Mental Health Awareness.
21. What do you like to collect?
Coffee cups and mugs
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Funny, Strong, Vulnerable
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
Fellow blogger & friend Kristian Weigman. Kristian is a brilliant blogger. Her style of writing is witty. I really enjoy reading her material.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
I have a few I give my top three;
3. Wish my blog was getting more viewership
2. Wish that TV shows like Bill Maher, The View would allow regular people the opportunity to come on and talk about topics with their political guests.
1. Wish I was living in Europe.
26. Sorting house?
Okay I take it this question has something to do with Harry Potter so I’ll go with Raven Claw.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
I have none.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
I am grateful for being able to live this wonderful life experiencing all the wonderful beauties that are my family, friends and the positive reception from social media
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Letting go of things that isn’t necessary for me to continue to hold onto.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Waking up to celebrate another day on this earth.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Experiencing life little moments.
32. Favorite season?
1. Winter 2. Fall 3. Spring 4. Summer
33. Favorite holiday?
This is a no brainer CHRISTMAS. True fact I finish Christmas shopping by August.
34. What fictional character do you relate to most?
Keith from Voltron Legendary Defenders of the Universe you can see his growth from a troubled angry young man to the leader of the most powerful robot.
35. Do you like surprises?
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
My ex-husband surprising me tickets to go see Men At Work at the House of Blues for my birthday.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
The death of my mother. No one was expecting her untimely death and the manner she went was pretty quickly it surprised us all and I haven’t stopped crying.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given somebody else?
A paid trip to Vegas.
39. Do you like muffins?
Yes, blueberry muffins are my favorite.
40. Do you cook often?
Yes, I love to cook it helps with my manic depression.
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
Creme Brulee; the best I ever tasted is at Cesar Palace in Las Vegas at the buffet.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Yes, anything that has sweet potato or watermelon.
43. Cake or pie?
Both of course and I will add both are great with a cup of coffee.
44. What’s your least favorite food?
Anything with sweet potato or watermelon.
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
46. It’s 4 am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Chips & guacamole. I can live off of chips guacamole and coke zero.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Wizards of Words blogging tips 101
48. Best animated film?
Wall-E; the only animated film that has no dialog in the first 45 mins of the opening. It’s only animated film that the star & supporting cast has no dialog. Very interesting concept.
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
A cup of coffee and a good conversation.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Go someplace where its to loud and distracting.
53. Best comic book character?
Batman because he doesn’t need superhero powers he has skills that causes him to use his brain power and that’s sexy.
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
Notebook Pens & Phone-charger.
55. Favorite drink?
Cocktail: Martini (lemon drop) / Coke-Zero.
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies?
Both, both are cute as heck.
58. Favorite sushi roll?
59. What lipstick do you use?
I usually don’t but on the rare occasions I use what I get from drugstores or beauty shops. I love red but lately wearing a matte purple.
60. What foundation do you use?
I usually don’t but on the rare occasions I use fashion fair line of makeup.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Both it all depends on the situation.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
My fashion icon comes from a beautiful blogger Erica Raquel. Her fabulous fashion blog is called “Grand Fash Life”. I wasn’t much of a fan of make-up and fashion all that changed when I started following Erica’s blog. She gives detailed fashion tips that even a person like can follow and have rave results. She’s my fashion angel. If I was to ever win a major award I will have Erica design my outfit. You can follow her on social media.
63. Favorite Disney Character?
I don’t have any.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Most likely working on my blog or youtube channel.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
I actually have two “This Is Spinal Tap” & “Team America World Police” I almost peed in my panties dying from laughter. I can’t chose which is better because both movies offers laughter like none other.
66. Movie that made you cry?
Storm of the Century; Stephen has a canny way of pulling on those heart strings this movie for me tapped into that the decisions these parents had to make heartbreaking. Stephen King is brilliant when he writes horror because he always add the humor element making the story believable.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
Alex Kapranos of Franz Ferdinand. Not because he’s the sexist frontman but the guy is very creative, talent & cool as Hell. He can make someone like me with limited singing skills sounds award winning.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
Brief Encounters Franz Ferdinand. This songs covers most of my life from the early 90’s up til my marriage & divorce all the way through to the death of my mother & the nine year depression I struggle with as a result. This song is beautifully hunting.
69. What’s your favorite animal?
Sloths. Sloths are some of the most beautiful intriguing animals.
70. Favorite illustrator?
I don’t have one.
72. What country would you like to visit?
Scotland or Norway.
73. Best way to decompress?
Drinking a nice cup of coffee and watching Hot Bench or reading a book.
Wow that was fun. These questions really made me think and it’s fun to see what picking at someone intellect. It’s time to pass the torch to my friends and see what they’re thinking about. Again thank you Rachel.
@batmom85 @GFLBlog @simplykatricia @TheWblogger @Irishgirl692 @KristianWeigman @NovaNamaste19 @CraigHoffman11 @Mashibaby @Charlidee_1 @Tiffanys_Blog @EmilyMaeHood @mindandlove1 @JeffrisTerry @31i55a @renew_lporter08 @AidenHatfield @TreyStoneAuthor @cynspo @CPFalcone @womenwithgifts @jofalltradesb @allthoseblogs @meditativeO @mamabefrugal @theanxiousteach
#FeelTheLoveGo #bloggingcommunity #bloggersloveshare